This journal follows guidelines from the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) in facing all aspects of publication ethics and, in particular, how to handle cases of research and publication misconduct. All articles in this journal involving human subjects should respect principles of research ethics as described in Declaration of Helsinki and studies involving animals should obey the International Guiding Principles for Biomedical Research as developed by the Council for International Organization of Medical Sciences (CIOMS).
Jurnal Teknologi Laboratorium adapts COPE to meet high-quality standard of ethics for publisher, editors, authors, and reviewers. As an essential issue, publication ethics needs to be explained clearly to improve the quality of the research worldwide. In this part, we explain the standard for editors, authors, and reviewers. In addition, the publisher doesnâ€™t have the right to interfere with the integrity of the contents and only support to publish in a timely manner.
- Editors should be responsible for every article published in Jurnal Teknologi Laboratorium.
- Editors should help authors to follow the instruction for the author that we adopt from ICMJE.
- The editors may communicate with other editors or reviewers in making the final decision.
- An editor has to evaluate the manuscript objectively for publication, judging each on its quality without looking to nationality, ethnicity, political beliefs, race, religion, gender, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the authors. He/she should decline his/her assignment when there is a potential for conflict of interest.
- Editors need to ensure the document sent to the reviewer does not contain the information of the author, vice versa.
- Editorsâ€™ decision should be informed to authors accompanied by reviewersâ€™ comments unless they contain offensive or libellous remarks.
- Editors should respect requests from authors that an individual should not review the submission if these are well-reasoned and practicable.
- Editors and all staffs should guarantee the confidentiality of the submitted manuscript.
- Editors will be guided by COPE flowcharts if there is a suspected misconduct or disputed authorship.
- Reviewers need to comment on ethical questions and possible research and publication misconduct.
- Reviewers will do the work in a timely manner and should notify the editor if they can not complete the work.
- Reviewers need to keep the confidentiality of the manuscript.
- Reviewers should not accept to review the manuscripts in which there is a potential conflict of interest between them and any of the authors.
- Author(s) affirm that the material has not been previously published and that they have not transÂferred elsewhere any rights to the article.
- Author(s) should ensure the originality of the work and they have properly cited othersâ€™ work in accordance of the references format.
- Author(s) should not engage in plagiarism nor self-plagiarism.
- â€˜Salamiâ€™ publication is strictly prohibited in Jurnal Teknologi Laboratorium.
- Author(s) should ensure that they follow the authorship criteria that are taken from the Journal of Health and Wellness that is explained in instruction for the author of Jurnal Teknologi Laboratorium.
- The author(s) havenâ€™t suggested any personal information that may make the identity of the patient recognizable in any forms of description part, photograph or pedigree. When the photographs of the patient were essential and indispensable as scientific information, the author(s) have received the consent in written form and have clearly stated it.
- In case of experimenting on human, the authors have certified that the process of the research is in accordance with ethical standards of Helsinki declaration, domestic and foreign committees that preside over human experiÂment. If any doubts are raised whether the research has proceeded in accordance with the declaration, the authors should explain it. In case of experimenting on animals, the authors have certified that the authors had followed the domestic and foreign guideline related to the experiment of animals in a laboratory.
- Author(s) should give the editor the data and details of the work if there are suspicions of data falsification or fabrication.
- Authors of the journal should clarify everything that may cause the conflict of interests such as work, research expenses, consulÂtant expenses, and intellectual property on the document of Jurnal Teknologi Laboratorium form disclosure.