PENGGUNAAN BERBAGAI KONSENTRASI EKSTRAK ETHANOL DAUN RAMBUTAN (Nephelium lappaceum L.) TERHADAP MORTALITAS LARVA Culex quinquefasciatus
Mosquitoes are insects which are responsible in transmission process of many diseases in humans and animals. One type that is often found is Culex quinquefasciatus. Culex quinquefasciatus mosquitoes serve as vectors of disease filariasis and chikungunya. the mosquito's prevention that uses synthetic insecticide affects the negative side for the environment. Natural insecticide is the safe way that can be used as insecticide.Rambutanâ€™s leaves contain compounds of saponin and tanin, it be used for larvacideâ€™s.
This research aims to find out about ethanol extract of rambutan's leaves that can be used for larvacide, the impact, the influence of ethanol extract of rambutan's leaves towards larva mortality and the effective concentrate in the research
This research is quasi experimental with Post Test Control Group Design. The concentrate extract of rambutan's leaves that is used is 0.025%, 0.05%, 0.1%, 0.2%, 0.4%,and 0.8% with duration 24 hours. Then, it is counted the amount of dead larvae. Then, the result is analyzed statically using Anova One Way and linear regression.
The result showed that the percentage of the death of larva Culex quinquefasciatus in concentrate 0.025%, 0.05%, 0.1%,0.2%,0.4%, and 0.8% each of them are 77%,86%,87%,95%,98%,and 100%. The result of Anova One Way showed that the significant value is 0.000 (<0.05) which means that there is an impact of using rambutan's leaves extract towards larva mortality Culex quinquefasciatus.
The use of Ethanol extract can cause the mortality of larva Culex quinquefasciatus.
There is no Figure or data content available for this article
2. Sembel,D.T. 2009. Entomologi Kedokteran. Yogyakarta : ANDI Yogyakarta.
3. Soedarto. 2011. Buku Ajar Parasitologi Kedokteran. Jakarta : Sagung Seto.
4. Baskoro,A.D, Sriahyuni,E, Anggraini,Y.D. 2010. Potensi Ekstrak Bunga Kecombrang (Nicolaia speciosa Horan) Sebagai Insektisida Alami terhadap Nyamuk Culex sp. Malang : Universitas Brawijaya Fakultas Kedokteran.
5. Asiah,S, Azizah,G.T dan Ambarwati. 2009. Efektifitas Ekstrak Ethanol Daun Rambutan (Nephelium lappaceum L.) Terhadap Kematian Larva Nyamuk Aedes aegypti Instar III. Jurnal Kesehatan Vol 2 No 2.
6. Dalimartha,S. 2004. Atlas Tumbuhan Obat Indonesia Jilid 3. Jakarta : Puspa Swara.
7. Fuadzy,H dan Marina,R. 2012. Potensi Daun Dewa (Gynura Pseudochina L.) Sebagai Larvasida Aedes aegypti. Aspirator Vol 4 No 1. Ciamis : Loka Litbang P2B2.
8. Widoyono. 2005. Penyakit Tropis, Epidemiologi, Penularan, Pencegahan dan Pemberantasan. Diunduh tanggal 14 Juni 2014 dari : http ://digilip.unimus.ac.id
How to Cite This
Copyright and Permissions
Publishing your paper with Jurnal Teknologi Laboratorium (JTL) means that the author or authors retain the copyright in the paper. JTL granted an exclusive reuse license by the author(s), but the author(s) are able to put the paper onto a website, distribute it to colleagues, give it to students, use it in your thesis etc, even commercially. The author(s) can reuse the figures and tables and other information contained in their paper published by JTL in future papers or work without having to ask anyone for permission, provided that the figures, tables or other information that is included in the new paper or work properly references the published paper as the source of the figures, tables or other information, and the new paper or work is not direct at private monetary gain or commercial advantage.
JTL journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This license lets others remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
JTL journal Open Access articles are distributed under this Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA). Articles can be read and shared for All purposes under the following conditions:
- BY: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- SA: If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.