Main Article Content
Some Actinomycetes isolates of tin plant (Ficus carica L.) have been obtained, namely T24M, T18, T19, T24, T25, T34, T37, T41 and T43. The aim of this study were to optimize the production of secondary metabolites (antibiotics) and screening antibacterial activity against Methicillin Resistant Staphyllococcus aureus (MRSA) from the Actinomycetes isolate of the tin rhizosphere. The study was performed with test an activity of the culture fluid from Actinomycetes isolate against MRSA by the well method. The result of optimization secondary metabolite production showed that the second day was the best incubation time to harvest antibiotics. The results showed that bacterial isolates of T24M produced antibiotics that could inhibit MRSA growth.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Publishing your paper with Jurnal Teknologi Laboratorium (JTL) means that the author or authors retain the copyright in the paper. JTL granted an exclusive reuse license by the author(s), but the author(s) are able to put the paper onto a website, distribute it to colleagues, give it to students, use it in your thesis etc, even commercially. The author(s) can reuse the figures and tables and other information contained in their paper published by JTL in future papers or work without having to ask anyone for permission, provided that the figures, tables or other information that is included in the new paper or work properly references the published paper as the source of the figures, tables or other information, and the new paper or work is not direct at private monetary gain or commercial advantage.
JTL journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This license lets others remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
JTL journal Open Access articles are distributed under this Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA). Articles can be read and shared for All purposes under the following conditions:
- BY: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- SA: If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
2. Parungao M, Maceda E, Villano M. Screening of Antibiotic-Producing Actinomycetes from Marine, Brackish and Terrestrial Sediments of Samal Island, Philippines. J Res Sci Comput Eng. 2007;4(3):29-38.
3. Sulistyani N, Muhlis M, Kustanti N, Erinto E, Aquina H, Zainab. Studi Resistensi Staphylococcus aureus yang diisolasi dari Limbah Cair Beberapa Rumah Sakit terhadap Antibotika. In: Prosiding Seminar Nasional Kesehatan Lingkungan Untuk Mewujudkan Sehat Jasmani Rohani Bagi Anak Bangsa. ; 2009.
4. Ogunmwonyi I., Mazomba N, Mabinya L, et al. Studies on the culturable marine actinomycetes isolated from the Nahoon beach in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. Afr J Microbiol Res. 2010;4(21):2223-2230.
5. Genilloud O, González I, Salazar O, Martín J, Tormo JR, Vicente F. Current approaches to exploit actinomycetes as a source of novel natural products. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;38(3):375-389. doi:10.1007/s10295-010-0882-7
6. Berdy J. Bioactive microbial metabolites. A Pers view J Antibiot. 2005;58(1):1-26.
7. Rollins D, Joseph S. Actinomycetes. University of Maryland.
8. Ambarwati, Gama A. Isolasi Actinomycetes Dari Tanah Sawah Sebagai Penghasil Antibiotik. J Penelit Sains Teknol. 2009;10(2):101-111.
9 Busti E, Monciardini P, Cavaletti L, et al. Antibiotic-producing ability by representatives of a newly discovered lineage of actinomycetes. Microbiology. 2006;152:675-683.
10. Kurniasari R, Sulistyani N. Anactinomycetes (Isolate T34) as Antibiotic Producer Againts, Staphylococcus aureus and Bioautography Analysis. In: Proceeding of International Safety Management of Central Cytotoxic Reconstitution. ; 2013:83-88.
11. Todar K. Nutrion and Growth of Bacteria in Todar’s Online Textbook of Bacteriology.; 2007.
12. Ali A. Title Skrining dan karakterisasi parsial senyawa antifungi dari Actinomycetes asal limbah padat sagu terdekomposisi. Berk Penel Hayati. 2009;14:219-225.
13. Hamid A, Ariffin S, Mohamad S. Identification And Optimal Growth Conditions Of Actinomycetes Isolated From Mangrove Environment. Malaysian J Anal Sci. 2015;19(4):904-910.
14. Augustine S, Bhavsar S, Kapadis B. Production of growth dependent metabolite active agains dermatophytes by Streptomyces rochei Ak 39. Indian J Med. 2005;121:164-170.
15. Oskay M. Antifungal and antibacterial compounds from Streptomyces strains. African J Biotechnol. 2009;8(13):3007-3017.